Contact or Connect with Kathy:
Kathy Ann Lee is a partner with Cline Farrell Christie & Lee. Before being admitted to the Indiana bar in 1987, Kathy worked as a nurse. It was her passion and care for patients that drew her to practicing law, and she maintains her nursing license to this day. In 2007, she was admitted to the Oklahoma bar. Kathy has also been admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, and is one of the few attorneys admitted to the vaccine court.
Practice Area Focus
Kathy focuses her practice on medical malpractice issues including nursing negligence, nursing home negligence, medical product liability, pharmaceutical liability, personal injury, wrongful death, toxic torts, vaginal mesh cases, and Morcellator cases.
Kathy was honored as an Indiana Super Lawyer (2015) and listed as a Top 25 Indiana Women Super Lawyer (2014, 2015). She has been voted by peers as one of the Top 25 Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Indiana in the 2004, 2005, 2007, and 2008 issues of Indianapolis Monthly, and as a Top 25 Female Lawyer in Indiana in the 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 issues of Indianapolis Monthly.
- Indiana University School of Nursing, A.A.,1978
- Marian College, B.S. in Nursing, 1983
- Indiana University, J.D., 1987
- Indiana University, L.L.M. in Health Policy & Bioethics, 2010
- Indiana bar, 1987
- Oklahoma bar, 2007
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Indiana Super Lawyers, 2015–2016 Top Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- 2014 Top 25 Indiana Women Super Lawyers
- Voted by peers as one of the Top 25 Female Lawyers in Indiana and as one of the Top Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Indiana (Indianapolis Monthly magazine, March 2004, March 2005, March 2007, March 2008).
- Voted by peers as one of the Top 25 Female Lawyers in Indiana (Indianapolis Monthly magazine, March 2006, March 2007, March 2008, and March 2009).
- Contributing author: “Emergency Medicine Malpractice,” John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1994; and “Personal Injury and Torts,” Lawyers Cooperative Publishing, 1996.
- September 27, 2008 — Speaker, Central Chapter Society of Nuclear Medicine 2008 Road Show, Reducing your Risk of Being Sued
- April 23, 2008 — Medical-legal presentation to surgery residents at Indiana University School of Medicine’s Department of Surgery
- April 13, 2007 — Chaired and spoke at the ITLA women’s seminar, Tipping the Scales of Justice
- February 28, 2007 — Presenter, ICLEF seminar, Optimizing the Effectiveness of Expert Testimony
- March 2004 — Presenter, ATLA seminar, Litigating Nursing Home Cases, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- October 2003 — Participant, ICLEF seminar, Masters in Trial: A Special Demonstration of a Medical Malpractice Case from Opening Statement to Jury Deliberations
- July 2002 — ITLA nursing home seminar, Polypharmacy and the Elderly
- March 1, 2002 — The 14th Annual ITLA Lifetime Achievement Seminar, The Case Within a Case: Are You Missing the Buried Treasure$$$???
- November 15, 2000 — ICLEF medical malpractice seminar, Medical Review Panel Stage — Plaintiff’s Perspective
- October 2000 — “Nursing Negligence,” Medical Negligence: Establishing Causation, Understanding Imaging and Proving Negligence, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- March 2, 2000 — 12th Annual ITLA Lifetime Achievement Seminar, Peer Review Protection in Indiana,” and “Litigating Nursing Home Cases, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- 1999 — Understanding Their Language: Medical Terminology, Lorman Educational Services Seminar
- April 1988 — Purdue University, Nursing Practice and You: The Legal Side
- July 1998 — Litigation at Sunrise — Eye Laser Surgery — Dangerous Product — Dangerous User, Association of Trial Lawyers of America Annual Conference
- 1998 — Mastering Medical Litigation-Cervical Injuries-the Legal View, Indiana Continuing Education Forum
- 1996 — Presenting a Case to a Medical Review Panel, Indiana Continuing Education Legal Forum
- 1996 — Seminar, Medical Records for Attorneys, Lorman Education Services
- 1994 — Indiana Continuing Legal Education Seminar; Medical Malpractice for Paralegals, Professional Education Systems, Inc.
- 1993 — How to Analyze Nursing Conduct and Compliance with Nursing Standards of Care
- 1993 — Indiana Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Medical Negligence Litigation
- 1992 — Chairperson: Medical Malpractice—How to Get Your Case To and Through the Fund
- South Bend Clinic v. Kistner, 769 N.E.2d 591 (Ind.App. 2002).
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association [Board of Directors, 2000 — present]
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Fellow, Indianapolis Bar Foundation
- Board of Directors, Theodora House (A Volunteers of America of Indiana program), January 2006 to present